It’s official. Our assembly gave birth to a new assembly at St. Matthews Catholic Church in northern Durham.
Monsignor William F. O’Brien Assembly, 3365, is now official. The new assembly was formed from about 30 members of our assembly that lived in northern Durham, but associated with our assembly. We did the same thing in 2005, when we formed as an outgrowth of Msgr. Francis K. O’Brien Assembly, 2254, in Burlington.
The Catholic population is rapidly growing in North Carolina. New churches are getting built, older ones are expanding and we are even building a new cathedral for the Raleigh Diocese. Learn more
This new, steady growth brings new members to both the Knights of Columbus Councils and to the Knights’ Patriotic Fourth Degree or Assembly. Other assemblies that were created since our assembly was chartered include
- Pope John Paul II Assembly, 3017 Kernersville
- Foothills Trinity Assembly, 3076, King
- Our Lady of La Sallette Assembly, 3115, Shallotte
- Central Piedmont Assembly, 3158, Concord, and
- Fr. Francis Connolly Assembly, 3253, Greensboro